Today I have a delicious recipe for you and your sweethearts, just in time for Valentine’s Day. This recipe is straight from my grandma’s kitchen and one of my favorites. Grandma Ruth also just celebrated her 90th birthday! Happy Birthday Grandma!
Of course my peanut had to get in on the baking. Girl loves to snitch the batter…sometimes even more than eating the finished product! She was a great little helper and there were plenty of steps that she was able to help with which makes this a terrific recipe to make with little ones. Just plan on it taking some time.
Old Fashion Cream Wafers
1 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 cups flour
small bowl of sugar
Creamy Butter Filling
1/4 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix butter, cream, and flour thoroughly. Chill 1 hour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Transfer to bowl of sugar and flip to coat both sides.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Prick in 4 places with fork.
- Bake 7-9 min or until slightly puffy.
- Put two cooled cookies together with filling.
Click here for printable version of the recipe.
Linking Up Here: